What is the difference between a guide dog and service dog?
A guide dog is trained to assist the blind. A service dog is trained to help those with severe to profound hearing loss by alerting the individual to a variety of sounds or someone with a physical impairment that substantially limits mobility by assisting in the performance of a wide variety of tasks depending on need and training (e.g. opening doors, retrieving, etc.).
- Does Veterans Affairs provide service dogs for veterans?
- How do I find out if I’m eligible for a service dog?
- What benefits does the VA offer veterans with a service dog?
- 6 benefits of having a dog for people with PTSD
- What is the difference between a guide dog and service dog?
- PTSD recovery with an emotional support dog
- PTSD recovery with a service dog
#dogs #VA #USMC #USAF #Army #Navy #military #police #4L