Ad

Can dogs eat grapes?

No, grapes (and raisins) should never be given to a dog of any size.

Grapes (and raisins) are so toxic to dogs that they can cause health problems very quickly, almost instantly. The size of a grape can cause choking immediately, but even if the dog is larger or chews the grape, acute kidney failure can result within minutes.

The mystery about grapes and raisins is that experts still have not been able to determine the exact ingredient in grapes and raisins that is so toxic to dogs. The only thing that is known for sure is that both grapes and raisins are poisonous for dogs of any size.

If your dog ate even one grape or raisin, you should pay attention to your dog for the next several days. Here is what you to look for:

  • Vomiting and/or diarrhea (likely to happen within first few hours)
  • Loss of appetite
  • Lethargy, weakness
  • Abdominal pain (tender when touched there)
  • Reduced urine or no urine at all (most severe)

Acute kidney failure is the greatest fear of grape/raisin toxicity. This can be fatal to your dog so pay attention to their urine. If you notice your dog urinating less or not at all after eating a grape or raisin, get to the veterinarian immediately. Your dog’s life could be at stake.

-4L-

#dogs #dog #4L #doglife

SOURCES:
preventivevet.com

petmd.com

vetmed.wsu.edu

akc.org

webmd.com

petcha.com

FacebooktwitterpinterestyoutubetumblrFacebooktwitterpinterestyoutubetumblr
Ad