Yes, dogs can eat dry-roasted, non-flavored cashews, but the amount should be limited.
Cashews, like peanuts, are a healthy snack for dogs, but they also contain high levels of fat so feeding your dog cashews should be limited to special occasions. When you do feed your dog cashews, remember that moderation is important.
Packed with protein and niacin, cashews also provide a nice crunch that dogs will enjoy. However, there are several things to keep in mind when feeding cashews to canines:
- unsalted cashews only (extra sodium can harm your dog)
- unflavored cashews only (especially no garlic or onion powder)
- removed the shells (the fibrous material can choke a dog)
- small amounts, less often (digestive problems, even pancreatitis can develop)
- watch for small dogs choking on the nuts
#dogs #dog #4L #doglife